Top camping recipes, you and the kids are sure love.
I will be telling you about some camping recipes that you won’t believe how easy and delicious. You will be pleasantly surprise how many meals can be made on the camp fire. These meals are so delicious that you will agree that they are the top camping recipes. They are so easy that you won’t want to leave the campsite.
Top camping recipes
Camping Farmers Breakfast:
READY IN: 45mins SERVES: 2-4
- 6 medium potatoes
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper
- parsley (optional)
- Cook potatoes with their skins in boiling salted water until done.
- Cool, peel or leave skins on, cube or slice.
- Cut bacon in small pieces and fry on medium heat to desired crispness. Drain on paper towel.
- Add 2 tbs. butter to the bacon fat and fry onions until transparent.
- Add the potatoes to the pan with the onions and fry until crust forms. Return bacon.
- Crack the eggs into the potatoes and scramble them around with everything. Salt and pepper to taste. Be careful with the salt, since the bacon is salty. Finish with parsley.
- Good as a side dish, breakfast of course, or as a main meal for 2 with a green salad.
- Cook time is after the potatoes have cooled.
1. Large flour tortillas
2. Russet or Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, chopped, and par-boiled (until just tender but not falling apart) – about 1 potato per burrito
3. Seasoning salt & pepper
4. Green onions, sliced
5. Breakfast sausage, browned and crumbled, about 1/4c per burrito
6. Eggs, beaten (about 2 per burrito)
7. 1 can refried beans (optional)
8. Cheddar cheese, grated
9. Salsa or hot sauce for serving (optional)
10. Heavy-duty foil
Prepare at home, season your boiled potatoes generously with seasoning salt and pepper. Add sliced green onions, about 1 Tbsp burrito to your potatoes and stir to combine. Add your browned breakfast sausage and throw all of that into a plastic zipper bag or portable container. Refrigerate until you are ready to pack your cooler. Store in your cooler until ready to make burritos.
At the campsite, warm a frying pan on your cook stove. Add the potato/sausage mixture to the hot pan, stirring often, until potatoes begin to brown and mixture is heated through. Add beaten eggs to potato mixture and cook until eggs are scrambled.
Meanwhile, lay out large squares of foil, each with a tortilla on top. If using refried beans, spread a thin layer of refried beans onto the middle of each tortilla. Top with potato/sausage/egg mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top of that.
Fold your burrito then roll each burrito up in foil and place over the campfire. Cook your burritos, flipping once, about 5 minutes per side (depending on the heat of your campfire) or until cheese is melted and burrito is heated completely through. The tortillas will get some browning and charing on them, which is good, just watch carefully that you don’t burn them.
Campfire Spinach Dip:
1. 1 cup sour cream
2. 1 pkg cream cheese at room temperature
3. 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
4. 3/4 cup chopped, frozen spinach, drained
Mix all the ingredients together in a container that can easily be packed to take camping. I like to do this prep work before we travel so that most of the mess is left and cleaned up at home. The flavors especially blend well together when combined and allowed to rest in the refrigerator for four to six hours.
Create a tin foil packet by layering two pieces of aluminum foil and placing the dip mixture in the center. A few layers of foil will help to protect the dip from burning and the packet from tearing open.
Roll up the ends of the foil and bake in the campfire near the hot coals but not in the fire for 20-25 minutes or until warm and bubbly. Carefully unwrap the packet and serve.
So when you are looking for some campfire recipes these are just a few of my favorite and my easiest ones. These are sure to make the kids want more. These will help you get away from the normal hot dogs and burgers that people normally think about when they are thinking about going camping. Feel free to leave questions and comments below in the comment section to let me know what you think.